When the kids are in school and activities are in full swing, having quick and easy dinner recipes is the key to staying sane and continuing to eat healthy! Next time you need a dinner like that, make this Sheet Pan Beef Stir Fry recipe.
Making stir fry is easy enough, but when you can throw everything together in a pan and bake it in the oven, it’s even easier! If you’ve never tried this method for making stir fry, I suggest you do sooner rather than later!
What ingredients are in this Sheet Pan Beef Stir Fry?
This recipe uses a short list of easy to find ingredients. You’ll need:
- Rice (white or brown)
- Coarse salt
- Fresh sugar snap peas
- Fresh sweet pepper (any color)
- Toasted sesame oil
- Boneless beef top sirloin steak
- Coconut aminos
- Fresh ginger
- Cayenne pepper (optional – if you want some heat)
- Slivered almonds (optional – if you like some crunch on top)
This sheet pan dinner is gluten and dairy free, making it a good option if you have family members who need to avoid gluten and dairy. Plus, you can make it nut-free by leaving off the almonds!
How do you make sheet pan stir fry?
The steps to making this sheet pan stir fry are so easy!
- Preheat your oven and adjust the top oven rack so it’s in the upper one-third of the oven (hint: this will allow the beef and veggies to take on more browning, which = more flavor!)
- Start cooking the rice.
- Chop the veggies and toss with a little oil in a half sheet pan.
- Thinly slice the beef, toss with a little oil; add to pan with veggies.
- Roast the beef and veggies.
- Mix sauce ingredients and microwave until thickened.
- Transfer the meat and veggies to a serving dish and toss with the sauce.
- Serve the beef and veggies over rice. Sprinkle with almonds if desired.
Can I make this Sheet Pan Beef Stir Fry ahead?
This stir fry tastes best when it’s eaten right away, but there are a few steps that can be made ahead. Here’s what you can prep ahead:
- Cut up the sweet pepper and onion; store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
- Thinly slice the beef sirloin; store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.
- Stir together the sauce ingredients but don’t microwave. Store, covered, in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Whisk before heating in the microwave to make sure arrowroot is completely mixed in.
- Cook rice as directed in step 2. Store the cooked rice in a heat-proof bowl. Cover both and store in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Heat before serving.
Can I use chicken instead of beef in this sheet pan stir fry?
You can easily substitute chicken for the beef in this sheet pan stir fry. Choose either boneless, skinless chicken breast halves or boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
To use chicken, cut the chicken into very thin strips and use in place of the beef. Make sure the chicken is cooked through (no pink remaining) before you stop roasting.
Next time you need a quick and easy, family-friendly healthy dinner, give this Sheet Pan Beef Stir Fry recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Or, if stir fry isn’t your cup of tea, here are a few more easy dinners you can make!
- Roasted Salmon Recipe
- Grilled Mini Meat Loaves
- Ginger-Orange Shrimp and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner
- 5 Ingredient Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Broccoli
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice Skillet Dinner
Sheet Pan Beef Stir Fry
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup long-grain white or brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- BEEF AND VEGGIES:
- 8 ounces fresh sugar snap peas
- 3/4 of a medium sweet pepper (any color), cut into 1- to 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup slivered onion
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, about 1-inch thick
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- Adjust the top oven rack so it’s in the upper one-third of oven. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a 4- to 5-quart heavy pot combine water, rice and salt. Bring to boiling over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes for white rice or 40 to 45 minutes for brown rice or until all the water is absorbed. Remove from the heat; set aside until ready to serve.
- In a large shallow baking pan (such as a half sheet pan**), toss together peas, sweet pepper, onion and 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Cut beef across the grain into very thin strips. In a medium bowl, toss together beef and the remaining oil. Add beef to pan with vegetables. Spread all out to an even layer.
- Roast beef and vegetables, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and beef strips are no longer pink on the outsides, stirring once halfway through roasting.
- For sauce, in a microwave-safe bowl whisk together coconut aminos, honey, water, arrowroot, ginger, and cayenne pepper (if using). Microwave, uncovered, on 50% power (medium) for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until sauce is just boiling and thickened, stirring once halfway through cooking.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer beef and vegetables to a serving dish. Drizzle with sauce; toss to combine. Serve over rice. If desired, sprinkle with almonds.