No-Bake Peanut Chocolate Energy Bites
Last week I posted my No-Bake Cinnamon-Almond Energy Bites, which my whole family loves for a quick and healthy grab-and-go treat. With a few simple substitutions and additions to that recipe, I can whip up a peanut chocolate version that is irresistible. These No-Bake Peanut Chocolate Energy Bites are just as quick and easy, and oh-so flavorful with the peanut chocolate combo that’s so crave-worthy!
The recipe and method are pretty much a mirror image of the cinnamon-almond energy bites. All you have to change is to swap natural peanut butter for the almond butter, switch from almonds to peanuts, and add some finely chopped dark chocolate. It’s that simple. One basic recipe with two versions means you won’t get bored!
These chocolate energy bites don’t last long in my house, and I hope you enjoy them too!
Soaking dates in boiling water makes them soft so they puree more smoothly
This is the chia powder I buy
Using a food processor makes it super quick to whip these chocolate energy bites together
- 8 pitted whole unsweetened dates*
- ½ cup boiling water
- ½ cup lightly salted or unsalted peanuts
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 salt
- 1 ½ cups dry old fashioned oats**
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup chia powder or meal or flax seed meal
- ¾ ounce dark chocolate, finely chopped
- In a small bowl combine dates and boiling water; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Meanwhile add peanuts to a food processor; cover and pulse until finely chopped. Remove peanuts from processor; set aside. Transfer dates and soaking liquid to the food processor. Cover and process until pureed. Add peanut butter, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and salt. Cover and process until well combined.
- Add chopped peanuts, oats, almond meal, chia powder, and chocolate. Cover and process until well combined. Line a small baking pan with waxed paper. Shape peanut mixture into balls, using about 2 teaspoons of the mixture per ball. Place on waxed paper. Energy bites will firm up slightly as they stand.
- Place energy bites in an airtight container. Store at room temperature up to 5 days or freeze up to 3 months.
- *For an even quicker treat, omit the dates and ½ cup water and skip the soaking and blending step. Increase the honey to ¼ cup and add 1 tablespoon water.
- **For gluten-free energy bites, make sure you choose oats that are certified gluten free.
- about 30 chocolate energy bites
- 90 cals, 2 g pro, 8 g carb, 6 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 2 g sat fat, 2 g fiber, 27 mg sodium